When your doctor orders an imaging test, you want prompt and accurate results. That’s exactly what you’ll receive at Southeast Georgia Health System.
We provide imaging services on an outpatient and inpatient basis, as well as in the emergency room. Inpatient and emergency imaging tests are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Imaging tests we offer
We offer a wide range of advanced imaging tests at one or more of our locations, including:
Computed tomography (CT). CT scanning, sometimes called CAT scanning, combines special X-ray equipment with sophisticated computers to produce cross-sectional images of the body. Our powerful CT scanners create high-quality images of virtually any organ.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). MRI combines a powerful magnetic field and radio frequency pulses to produce detailed pictures of nearly all internal structures. GE 1.5 Tesla large-bore MRI scanners are available at both our Brunswick and Camden campuses. Benefits of these innovative scanners include:
- A big opening that can accommodate larger patients and may increase comfort for people who feel claustrophobic
- Fast scanning speeds
- The ability to scan people in unusual positions or allow them to enter the scanner feet-first
Ultrasound. Our state-of-the-art ultrasound scanners use high-frequency sound waves to produce pictures of most major organs. Because ultrasound images are captured in real-time, they can show the structure and movement of the body's internal organs, as well as blood flowing through blood vessels.
Nuclear medicine imaging. Nuclear medicine uses small amounts of radioactive materials and a special camera and computer to create images of inside the body.
Positron emission tomography (PET) imaging. A PET scan is a type of nuclear medicine imaging. PET scans use small amounts of radioactive material to diagnose or treat a variety of diseases, including many types of cancers. These tests are scheduled on our Brunswick Campus three days a week and on our Camden Campus on Mondays.
X-ray. We offer digital X-ray exams at our Brunswick and Camden campuses. Routine walk-in X-ray exams are accepted at both campuses and at our MRI and Imaging Center in Brunswick, with an order from your physician. Fluoroscopy studies, such as a Barium Swallow, will need to be scheduled through our Central Scheduling Department.
What to expect at our imaging centers
When you receive an imaging test at Southeast Georgia Health System, you can expect:
- Highly skilled imaging specialists. Our team members hold professional credentials in their specific areas of imaging expertise. And the tests our imaging specialists perform for you are interpreted by a board-certified radiologist.
- An emphasis on safety. When tests involve ionizing radiation, our team members follow the ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable) principles to minimize harmful radioactive exposure to our patients.
- Timely service. After your imaging test is completed, we will report the results to your doctor promptly.
How to schedule an imaging test
You will need a referral from your provider to schedule an imaging test. Contact one of our locations to learn more or schedule an appointment.
- General questions and scheduling: 912-466-1240
- General questions: 912-576-6160
- Scheduling: 912-576-6190
MRI & Imaging Center in Brunswick
- General questions: 912-466-5620
- Scheduling: 912-466-1240