Equipping our community to achieve their wellness goals
The first step to creating lasting change is education. In the realm of health care, this is especially true to improve your lifestyle and overall health. Southeast Georgia Health System is committed to helping individuals pursue a healthy lifestyle. Health and wellness is a vital part of our community.
Learn more about our educational outreach programs:
- Center for Educational Development. This center allows health care professionals and other organizations experience full adult, pediatric and neonate simulation training in a hospital environment with absolutely no chance of patient injury.
- Diabetes Education Program. This program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association for its self-management education. It teaches individuals and families affected by diabetes how to stay healthy and effectively manage the disease.
- Pediatric Education. We encourage children to develop safety skills and healthy nutrition habits through age-appropriate, school-based lessons. These programs can be adapted to accommodate play groups, community centers, summer camps and other settings.
- Classes. Southeast Georgia Health System offers educational programs geared for all ages — from children and teens to adults — as well as programs specifically designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of health care professionals.
Find out more about our education programs by exploring our online resources.
Helping you meet your health and wellness goals is our goal, too. We offer numerous programs and resources to help you live a healthier lifestyle and to promote the many wellness resources in the communities we serve. With a history of care dating over 100 years, our providers and team members are passionate about serving our community and helping to improve your health.
As part of our efforts to better serve local communities, we offer the following programs:
- Support Groups. To improve your health and well-being, there are a number of support groups for a variety of physical and mental illnesses. Unless otherwise noted, all groups are free.
- Medical Explorers. We offer Medical Explorers, a health care careers program for students ages 14 to 21. This program give students the opportunity to engage in health care-related activities and more.
- Nurse Camp. A collaboration between Southeast Georgia Health System and the College of Coastal Georgia, this four-day camp is open to high schoolers entering grade 11 or 12 who are interested in a career in health care.
- Student Athletic Trainer Camp. The Student Athletic Trainer Camp allows students to participate in hands-on sports medicine training and introduces them to related career opportunities.
- Speakers Bureau. Plan interesting and educational health programs for your community organization! Our providers are available to speak on a variety of topics.
- Health Promotion & Wellness. We offer lectures and programs that accommodate the needs of the workforce. Southeast Georgia Health System can tailor the program to the specific needs of your company.
- Wellness on Wheels (WOW). Mobile Health Vehicle Our WOW mobile health vehicle provides low-cost and free health screenings, first aid and preventative education to the community.
For more information about these community programs, click on the individual program to view their full program listing. We look forward to helping you on your journey to better health.