Experiencing pain and limited motion can prevent you from enjoying your favorite activities and inhibit your independence. At Southeast Georgia Health System, we are here to help. Our physical therapists can get you back to living your best life after an illness, injury or surgery.
Our physical therapy expertise
Our team of experienced, licensed physical therapists have the training and skills to treat a variety of concerns, including:
- Back pain
- Hand injuries
- Joint replacement recovery
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal cord injuries
- Sports injuries
Our team also includes experts in pediatric physical therapy. In collaboration with Wolfson Children’s, they provide care in Brunswick at our Wolfson Children’s at Southeast Georgia Health System location.
Our physical therapy treatments
Our physical therapists use a variety of exercises and techniques to address your concerns. They will tailor your treatments to your goals, whether that’s getting back to playing a favorite sport, enjoying a hobby, returning to work, or reclaiming your independence.
Our patients have access to the latest therapy technologies and modern equipment and gyms. Some of our treatments include:
- Vestibular therapy to help with balance problems and dizziness
- LSVT BIG exercises to help people with Parkinson’s disease improve how they move
- Hands-on (manual) therapy to help relieve back pain
- The Proprio 5000 Reactive Balance System, which improves balance or reaction time for people with neurologic, orthopedic or balance and vestibular problems
- The AlterG Antigravity treadmill, which helps patients with weaknesses, joint problems or recent surgeries safely start their rehab
- The Restorative Therapies (RT 300) functional electrical stimulation bike, which helps people who can’t move on their own get aerobic exercise and build muscle mass
- Aquatic therapy programs, available in St. Marys and our Summit Professional Plaza location in Brunswick
How to get physical therapy
We provide outpatient physical therapy at four locations. We also offer physical therapy in our two hospitals and in our Senior Care Centers.
To make an outpatient appointment, ask your doctor to send us a referral. For more information, call:
- Rehabilitation Care Center-Brunswick Campus: 912-466-5330
- Rehabilitation Care Center-Wellness Way, St. Simons Island: 912-466-5330
- Rehabilitation Care Center-Camden Campus: 912-576-6450
- Rehabilitation Care Center-Summit Professional Plaza, Brunswick: 912-466-5758