Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation concluded its annual
ARTrageous Bras fundraiser on Friday, Nov. 4, at the historic Ritz Theatre in downtown
Brunswick. This year’s event, which included 62 amazing bra entries,
raised $33,460 for the
Health System’s cancer care programs and Mammograms in Motion.
Designed by Health System team members, local businesses and community
members, the ARTrageous Bras were displayed at the
Camden campuses throughout October. During that time, the Foundation collected
$1 votes to determine the top 10 favorite bras for the live auction which,
as usual, did not disappoint.
Models Sarah Bessent, RN, and Jana Clary, RN,
Emergency Care Center, Brunswick Campus; Davida Harris, Eta Gamma Zeta, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.; Katrina
Howard, MPH, infection preventionist,
Senior Care Center-Brunswick; Mary Perkins; Naryan Solow, Jered LLC; and Amanda Wilcox-Williams, COTA,
occupational therapy assistant, Rehabilitation Services, Brunswick Campus,
showcased the top 10 bras on stage, and the remaining bras were featured
in a silent auction.
The top ten bras included:
1. Rainbows of Hope - “God puts rainbows in the clouds so that each
of us - in the dreariest and most dreaded moments - can see a possibility
of hope.”-Maya Angelou, created by Larry L. Bryson, Architect, P.C.,
raising more than $3,000 in votes.
2. If You Can’t See the Sunshine, Be the Sunshine - in memory of
Michelle Drew, created by The Brunswick (GA) Chapter of Links, Incorporated,
raising nearly $2,000 in votes.
3. Searching to “Infinity… and Beyond” for a Cure, created
by CenterWell Home Health.
4. Let’s Button Up Breast Cancer, created by Theresa Hill.
5. Oh so Pretty SOARing Higher for a Cure! Annual Mammogram, Health Diet
& Exercise and Supporting a Cure, created by Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority
Inc. Zeta Iota Omega Chapter.
6. Wave Goodbye to Cancer, Anchor on a Cure, created by Jered LLC.
7. Star Light, Star Bright, We Wish We May, We Wish We Might, Find a Cure
for Cancer Tonight, created by Heartland EMS, Inc.
8. Ribbon of Hope Garden, created by Bonnie Newell, R.N., Jekyll Island
9. Courageous Warrior, created by Leslie Collins.
10. Blukanda, created by Eta Gamma Zeta, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
“ARTrageous Bras is a creative, attention grabbing fundraiser as
well as a visual reminder for all to remember to take care of their breast
health. Cancer awareness is critical to the proactive process in early
detection,” says Krista Robitz, director, Development,
Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation. “We are extremely appreciative of all the enthusiasm from the participants,
sponsors, voters and community.”
The ARTrageous Bras sponsors included Survivor: Ameris Bank; James Sexton,
Edward Jones; Lassiter Family Dentistry; Marshland Credit Union; Robins
& Morton and RGL Associates Inc. Champion: Bulldawg Illustrated; Carol
G. Holladay & Associates and Heartland EMS. Fighter: Hospice of the
Golden Isles; Interstate Credit Union; Jered LLC; Larry L. Bryson, Architect,
P.C.; Theresa Hill and The Rose & Vine
For more information, call the Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation
at 912-466-3360 or email