In light of the national and state public health emergency related to
COVID-19, Southeast Georgia Health System is taking extra precautions to try to
minimize the spread of the illness in the community. The Health System
tighter visitation restrictions at all hospitals and physician practices, and
all support groups are suspended until further notice.
The visiting policy will be as follows:
- Visitation hours will begin at 10 a.m. and end at 7 p.m.
- Each patient will only be allowed one visitor at a time. This rule will
be strictly enforced.
- Visitors must be 18 or over.
- Visitors may be asked to submit to a brief health screening to ensure they
do not have coronavirus symptoms. Any visitor who shows signs of illness
such as a fever, cough, or shortness of breath will be asked to kindly leave.
- Flower and gift deliveries are unable to be accepted at this time. Visitors
should take flowers to patients themselves or schedule deliveries to patient homes.
Only one visitor is permitted to accompany an
Emergency Care Center (ECC) patient in the treatment areas of the ECC.
Visitors are not permitted at the
Senior Care Centers in Brunswick and St. Marys. Immediate family will not be restricted from
visiting loved ones who are critically ill or in other special circumstances.
Only one visitor will be permitted with the patient at the
Southeast Georgia Physician Associates (SGPA) practices and the Immediate Care Centers.
Please note that this is subject to change based on daily impact of coronavirus
on our Health System and the communities we serve.