Complete a Biggest Loser at Work registration form and send it to Health
Promotion & Wellness at the Dick Mitchell Health Information Center by
Friday, Feb. 10, 2017. Registration forms can be found in the upcoming issues of Team Talk,
on the Team Member Portal (coming soon), and by contacting the Health
Promotion & Wellness department at 912 466-5160.Please note that no registration forms will be accepted after Friday, Feb. 10, 2017.
The Biggest Loser at Work is designed for teams of five people. The team
must consist of team members, volunteers, or physicians from the Health
System. Your team can crossover into other departments and locations but
must be Health System team members. If you are unable to make up a complete
team, inpiduals are welcome to participate and will be placed with others
to form their five person group. Each team is allowed a maximum of two
designated walkers (meaning a person that only participates in the steps
portion of the competition). The use of designated walkers is optional.
Each team must establish a team captain. Your team captain is responsible for:
- Naming your team.
- Collecting the $8 per person registration fee from each of your teammates
and turning it in with the team registration forms.
- Informing the team of any news regarding the Biggest Loser at Work program.
Registration fee is $8 per person and is non-refundable. Make checks payable
to Southeast Georgia Health System. Checks and signed registration &
waiver forms must be received no later than
Friday, Feb. 10, 2017.
MANDATORY WEIGH-IN DATES
Weight loss will be tracked by percentage of body weight lost. There will
be no BMI calculations or pounds lost listed on the weekly results sheets.
If the whole team does not weigh in, their average team percentage of
body weight lost can not be calculated and posted.
First weigh-in will be on Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017. Weigh-ins will be confidential
and NOT POSTED. The following are weigh-in locations:
- Dick Mitchell Health Information Center, Brunswick Campus from 8 a.m.–5
p.m. every Wednesday during the competition.
- Human Recources, Camden Campus from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. every Wednesday
during the competition.
- CHSI locations will be determined based on participation.
- Senior Care Center St. Marys will be based on participation.
Biggest Loser is going on a Great American Outdoor Adventure!
- Clip on your pedometer and partner up with your work buddies to join the
2017 Biggest Loser at Work challenge that will have your team spirit and
step count soaring higher than the mountain peak of Denali! This year’s
journey will begin at Rikers Island, the country’s most notorious
prison, where you will make a grand escape, freeing yourself from the
shackles of inactivity. From there you will travel all over this amazing
country to uncover many of North America’s most famous outdoor attractions.
From Yellowstone National Park to the Grand Canyon, the Mojave Desert
to the peaceful clear water of Key West, experience the country’s
beauty, history, and excitement on this Great American Outdoor Adventure!
- Pedometers will be issued to the team captains once all forms and payments
are received from their team. Team captains will receive information on
the use of the pedometers at the time of distribution.
- If anyone experiences a problem with a pedometer, they should notify Health
Promotion & Wellness for assistance.
- Team members will turn in their team’s steps to Health Promotion
& Wellness every Wednesday when they weigh in.
- Health Promotion & Wellness will track the steps, convert them to miles,
and mark each team’s progress on a map.
*Please note that it is recommended that you consult your physician before
starting any new type of exercise program.
A $200 cash prize will be awarded to:
- Biggest Loser inpidual (by average percentage body weight lost)
A $20 cash prize will be awarded to each member of the:
- Biggest Loser team (by average percentage body weight lost)
Medals will be awarded to:
- Top 3 Biggest Loser inpiduals (by average percentage weight lost)
- Top 3 Biggest Loser teams (by average percentage body weight lost)
- Top 3 walking teams (by highest step count)
For questions contact the Health Promotion & Wellness department at
912-466-5160 or 466-5164 or
Biggest Loser at Work Registration Form