The Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation concluded its annual ARTrageous
Bras fundraiser on Friday, Nov. 4, at the historic Ritz Theatre in downtown
Brunswick. This year’s event included 47 amazingly designed bra
entries. More than $18,000 was raised for the Health System cancer care programs.
Developed to help increase breast cancer awareness, ARTrageous Bra entries
were designed by Health System team members, local businesses and community
members. The bras were on display at the Brunswick and Camden campuses
throughout October and the Foundation collected $1 votes to determine
the top 10 favorite ARTrageous Bras. As usual, the live auction event
did not disappoint! Models Amanda Wilcox-Summers, COTA, Rehabilitation
Services; Anne Goodstein; Chidemma Ihenacho; Cindy Rockhill, R.N., MSN,
manager, Cancer Care Centers; Heather Lambert, LMSW, social worker, Cancer
Care Centers; Kimberly Malone and daughter Suri, showcased the top 10
bras on stage, and the remaining bras were featured in a silent auction.
The top ten included:
- “Got Milk” submitted by Mary Bishop, Ashley Langford and Martha
Wilson, Jacobs, Coolidge & Company, LLC, raising $350 in the live
auction and more than $3,200 in votes.
- “Pedal Pushers – Spinning For A Cure” submitted by The
Club, raising $450 in the live auction and more than $1,000 in votes.
- “Butterfly Wings, Fly, Spread Your Wings & Find A Cure For Cancer”
submitted by sisters Juanita Hamilton and Sharon Murray.
- “Hakuna Ma ‘Ta-Tas’” submitted by The Heritage Bank.
- “Don’t Gamble With Your Health Get A Mammogram” submitted
by Heather Lambert and Brandi Parkinson, Southeast Georgia Health System
Cancer Care Center.
- “Protecting Me Treasure Chest With Breast Ultrasound, In Loving Memory
of Nancy McCollum & Jean Ann Schowe” submitted by Erika Chan.
- “Olive You” submitted by Donna MacPherson, Golden Isles Olive Oil.
- “Sweet Harmony Dancing With Flowers & Fluttering With Butterflies”
submitted by Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority.
- “Clocks Are To Time What Mammograms Are To Breasts. The Best Way
To Keep Them” submitted by hello Goodbuy, Community Thrift Store.
- “Protect Your Boo-Bees Get Your Mammogram” submitted by Brunswick
“This event is a visual reminder for all to remember to take care
of their breast health. Cancer awareness is critical to the proactive
process in early detection. ARTrageous Bras is a creative, attention grabbing
fundraiser,” says Krista Robitz, director, Development, Southeast
Georgia Health System Foundation. “We are extremely appreciative
of all the enthusiasm from the participants, sponsors, voters and community.”
The ARTrageous Bras sponsors included h2o Creative Group; Heartland EMS,
Inc.; Jacobs, Coolidge & Company, LLC; Marshwinds Advisory Group;
The Heritage Bank; Coastal Senior Living; Diversified Fabricators &
Erectors, Inc.; Great Southern Publishers; hello Goodbuy; Larry Bryson
Architect; and The Club
For more information, call the Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation
at 912-466-3360 or email