Nov. 18, 2015–The Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation held
its finale of the annual ARTrageous Bras fundraiser on Friday, Nov. 6,
at the Historic Ritz Theatre in downtown Brunswick. This year’s
event included 64 exciting, sometimes flamboyant bra entries, the largest
number to date. More than $18,800 was raised for the Health System cancer
Created to help increase breast cancer awareness, ARTrageous Bra entries
were designed by Health System team members, local businesses and community
members. The bras were on display at the Brunswick and Camden campuses,
and throughout October the Foundation collected $1 votes to determine
the top 10 favorite ARTrageous bras. The event culminated with models
Miranda Collins, Mary Hunt, Heather Lambert, Patrick Mickey, Antonio Moran
Jr., M.D., FACP, and Amanda Wilcox-Summers parading the top ten bras during
the live auction, and the remaining bras featured in a silent auction.
The top ten included:
- “Ta-Ta Twister” submitted by Mary Bishop and Ashley Langford,
Jacobs, Coolidge and Company, raising $300 in the live auction and more
than $2,848 in votes.
- “Curls For The Girls” submitted by The Club.
- “Diamonds Are A Girl’s ‘Breast’ Friend-Protect
the Family Jewels!” submitted by hello, GoodBuy Community Thrift Store.
- “Livin’ On A Prayer” submitted by Gena Futch and Krystal
Willis, Southeast Georgia Health System, Business Office.
- “Check Your Humps For Lumps” submitted by Southeast Georgia
Physician Associates-Hematology & Oncology, Office of Antonio Moran
Jr., M.D., FACP.
- “Get Your Tail In For A Mammogram” submitted by Bunco Babes.
- “Finding The Last Piece To The Puzzle” submitted by Southeast
Georgia Health System, Quality Improvement.
- “MINIONmizing Cancer” submitted by The Heritage Bank.
- “Breast Cancer Free Class Of ____” submitted by Troy University,
- “Pink Sailor Refuse To Sink” submitted by Erika Chan.
“We are thrilled with the success of this year’s event and
the enthusiasm of all the participants and sponsors,” says Krista
Robitz, director, Development, Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation.
“Each year gets better, the designs become more creative, and the
funds benefiting the Health System cancer care programs increases. We’re
already looking forward to next year!”
The ARTrageous Bras sponsors included Marshwinds Advisory Company; The
Heritage Bank; Jacobs, Coolidge & Company; Marshland Community Federal
Credit Union; Casebier Construction; Certified Electric, Inc.; Georgia
NurseCare; hello GoodBuy; Rob and Susie Furlong; and The Club.
For more information, call the Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation
at 466-3360 or email