May 20, 2015 – Southeast Georgia Health System will host its annual
Community Health and Wellness Fair on Saturday, June 6, from 10 a.m. to
2 p.m., at Brunswick High School, 3885 Altama Avenue. The health fair
will include many different educational opportunities and health screenings
for the entire family, as well as demonstrations, community vendors, and
da Vinci®Robotic Surgery Exhibit
– Attendees will be offered a hands-on opportunity to test drive
a full-size working model of the da Vinci Surgical System used for minimally
invasive robotic surgery.
Teddy Bear Clinic
– Children can bring in one of their stuffed dolls or animals to
receive a check-up and some tender loving care for injuries, such as missing
buttons or tattered arms and legs. Health System team members will also
demonstrate a variety of medical treatments a child may encounter while
at the doctor’s office or hospital.
Car Seat Safety Checks
– Certified child passenger safety technicians from Safe Kids Kingsland
will be set up in the parking lot to perform safety checks on booster
and infant car seats to determine if they are correctly installed and
appropriate for the age and size of the child.
– Attendees are encouraged to bring all medications, including prescriptions,
over-the-counter, vitamins and supplements, for a one-on-one review with
a licensed pharmacist. The pharmacist will answer questions and discuss
possible side-effects or medication interactions.
Free Health Screenings
– No appointment needed.
Low-Cost Health Screenings
- Bone density
- Blood pressure
- Pulse oximetry to measure level of oxygen in the blood
- Pulmonary function tests
- Skin checks
–Appointments required, results will be mailed to participants.
- Heart health screening – Includes an electrocardiogram (EKG) and
lipid profile for a cost of $25. Fasting (12 hours) required for the lipid
profile. For an appointment, call 1-855-ASK-SGHS (1-855-275-7447).
- Mammograms – Requires a physician's order. Insurance is accepted
and financial assistance is available to patients who qualify. For an
appointment, call 1-855-ASK-SGHS (1-855-275-7447).
For more information about the Community Health & Wellness Fair,visit