Pet Therapy Program
In light of the national and state public health emergency related to
COVID-19, the Pet Therapy Volunteer program is temporarily suspended. Thank you
for your understanding.
Pet Therapy volunteers and their certified therapy dogs spread cheer and
bring smiles to the faces of patients at the Brunswick and Camden campuses
and residents of our Senior Care Centers.
To be part of the Pet Therapy Program, dogs must be certified through
Therapy Dogs International, and their owners must go through the volunteer application and orientation
process at Southeast Georgia Health System.
Pet Therapy Volunteer Requirements
Complete volunteer application which includes:
- Two verifiable personal references
- Criminal Background Check Form processed by the Health System
- Provide photo identification (driver’s license, passport, Georgia
- Provide a copy of current Therapy Dogs International certification for dog
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be able to commit to at least 100 service hours annually
- Attend one or more interviews
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Complete a tuberculosis screening requirement conducted by the Health System
Apply to volunteer with us today!