The Compliance Office promotes ongoing adherence to and implements changes
regarding federal/state laws and regulations that govern our Health System.
Examples of these laws include the Emergency Medical Treatment & Active
Labor Act (“EMTALA”) and the Health Insurance Portability
& Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
Other services include:
- Advises management, team members, medical staff and business associates
on business practices, ethical and compliance matters that impact Southeast
Georgia Health System
- Establishes an environment that promotes detection, prevention and resolution
of compliance issues without fear of retaliation.
- Facilitates Southeast Georgia Health System in its commitment to the highest
standards of ethics and compliance.
- Ensures annual mandatory compliance education for all Health System team members.
- Conducts a monitoring and auditing program to ensure effective internal
controls that promote adherence to applicable federal and state laws.
Code of Ethics