At Southeast Georgia Health System, we are dedicated to providing our area athletes with the best care possible through our Sports Medicine Program aimed at preventing, recognizing and managing athletic injuries.
Athletic Training Services
We provide full-time certified athletic trainers to four area high schools in Glynn and McIntosh counties at no cost to the schools. Our certified athletic trainers provide services for practices, athletic events, and daily athletic training room hours during the school year and each is experienced in concussion recognition and management as well as ImPACT concussion testing for high-risk sports. We are also proud to provide athletic training services to the College of Coastal Georgia.
Certified Athletic Trainers
Our certified athletic trainers are skilled and experienced in the prevention of athletic injuries and the management of athletes' health and well-being. They also assist in the rehabilitation of injured athletes and work with players both on and off the field. Our Certified athletic trainers work under the supervision of Beau Sasser, M.D., director of the Sports Medicine Program.
Youth and Community Outreach Services
In addition to our area schools, we offer our expertise to local youth and community sports organizations. Services include:
Athletic training services at special events
- Concussion education, prevention and management
- ImPACT concussion testing
- ACL (anterior cruclate ligament) injury prevention
- Sports performance enhancement
- Student athletic training
- American Heart Association CPR and first-aid certifications
- Pre-participation physical evaluations
- Education for coaching staff, athletes and parents
- Conditioning program development
- Sports nutrition
- Body fat testing