Student Athletic Trainers
Allowing high school students the opportunity to observe the daily professional duties and responsibilities of an athletic trainer can be a valuable educational experience for youth.
Our Student Athletic Training Program exposes students to the foundations of various health related careers and gives them with important life skills.
We provide a positive, safe learning environment where students are always under the direct visual supervision of a licensed/certified athletic trainer when assisting with any athletic training services.
Student Athletic Training Program Components:
- Student Athletic Trainer Camp-Offered during the summer with both basic and advanced tracks available
- CPR and First-aid Certification-Offered during the summer
- Training at Your School-Working with sports teams, alongside your school’s certified athletic trainer during the school year
To learn more, contact your school’s athletic trainer.
Student Athletic Trainer Camp
Do you have a high-school student interested in athletic training or considering a career in sports medicine?
Each summer, Southeast Georgia Health System offers a comprehensive three-day student athletic trainer camp where Sports Medicine certified athletic trainers will provide valuable hands-on training for students entering grades 9-12.
The camp is designed to introduce high school students to the field of sports medicine and athletic training and the many associated career opportunities. No previous experience is necessary. Training will include:
- Injury treatment techniques
- Athletic taping & bracing techniques
- CPR & AED
- First aid
For more information, please contact Becky Knor, M.S., ATC at 912-466-5745 .