The Compliance Office promotes ongoing adherence to and implements changes regarding federal/state laws and regulations that govern our Health System. Examples of these laws include the Emergency Medical Treatment & Active Labor Act (“EMTALA”) and the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (“HIPAA”).
Other services include:
- Advises management, team members, medical staff and business associates on business practices, ethical and compliance matters that impact Southeast Georgia Health System
- Establishes an environment that promotes detection, prevention and resolution of compliance issues without fear of retaliation.
- Responds to inquiries generated by anonymous complaints from a toll free AlertLine service. (1-888-313-1534)
- Facilitates Southeast Georgia Health System in its commitment to the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
- Ensures annual mandatory compliance education for all Health System team members.
Conducts a monitoring and auditing program to ensure effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable federal and state laws.