Health System Honors Volunteers During National Volunteer Week 2011
BRUNSWICK, Georgia: May 11, 2011 – The Health System honored all of its volunteers at a special National Volunteer Week Luncheon on Wednesday, April 13, at the Jekyll Island Historic District Campus. The theme for the celebration was “Lights, Camera, Volunteers in Action.”
Honored were members of the Brunswick and Camden Campus Auxiliaries, Volunteens, First Steps Program volunteers, the Therapy Dogs of Glynn, members of the Brunswick Ministerial Alliance, and members of the following boards: Glynn-Brunswick Memorial Hospital Authority, Camden Campus Advisory, Cooperative Healthcare Services, Inc., and the Southeast Georgia Health System Foundation, Inc.
According to Kristin Doll, director of Volunteer Services, there are 173 volunteers on the Brunswick Campus Auxiliary’s active roster and 68 volunteers on the Camden Campus Auxiliary’s active roster. “From March 1, 2010 to Feb. 28, 2011, our Brunswick Campus Auxiliary members performed 29,127 hours of service to the Health System,” Doll says. “And according to the Independent Sector, the leading authority in calculating the value of volunteer hours, those hours translate into a dollar value of $589,821.75. From March 1, 2010, to Feb. 28, 2011, Camden Campus Auxiliary members performed 12,515.75 hours of service, translating into a dollar value of $267,336.42. Their dedicated, loyal service helps our organization accomplish our goals and inspires us all to do great things.” During the awards ceremony following lunch, Linda Greene was named Brunswick Campus Auxiliary Volunteer of the Year and Carolyn Richardson was named Camden Campus Auxiliary Volunteer of the Year.
Auxiliary volunteers from both Campuses were also presented service pins in recognition of the number of hours they volunteered over the past year. They are:
- 900 Hours—Camden: Carolyn Richardson
- 700 Hours—Brunswick: Marion Clark, Jonell Thompson, James Walker
- 600 Hours—Brunswick: Mary Lynne Cochran, Linda Greene, Connie Johnson, Faye Owens
- 500 Hours—Camden: Dot Brown, Diana Cash, Georgia Stilson
- 500 Hours—Brunswick: Dorothy Kastroll, Darla Schoeppner, Joyce Toler, Connie White, Jack St. Ledger
- 400 Hours—Camden: Miryam Adame, Shirley Altman, Curt Brown, Peggy Hall, Willie Williams
- 400 Hours—Brunswick: Edna Sue Angle, Martha Dorsey, Jean Farrant, Jan Holcomb, Judy Lee, Wanda McLaughlin, Connie Messer, Suzanne Palmer, Elizabeth Scott, Barbara A. Smith, Penny Smith, Buncie Townsend, Ann Vamvaks, Jimmie Allen, Tommie Anderson, John Cowman, Jim Crandall, Leo Fallstrom, Larry Greene, Bob Hayes, Charles McCollum, Troy Sapp, Ronnie Smith, Ed Wallen
- 300 Hours—Camden: Bee Berthiaume, Becki Cowatch, Judy Cressman, Becky Cronon, Geri Hart, Barbara Jerome, Rosemary Kaufman, Madeline Knight, Zernie Knight, Linda McInerney, Elizabeth Rush
- 300 Hours—Brunswick: Ruby Brannen, Janet Burchfield, Billie Croft, Becky Flood, Sara Gressel, Patricia Hannan, Billie Jean Harris, Ertice Johnson, Jeanette Lindsey, Judith Lutz, Kathy Matthews, Bettye McGuire, Nathalee McNeely, Carolyn McNeese, Ali Montague, Frankie Murphy, Anne Rivers, Ivalee Roberson, T’Nell Saunders, Cynthia Shuman, Melanie Spivey, Janet Storch, Peggy Tucker, Flora Youmans, Thomas Bullock, Ed Kehoe, Troy Lindsey, George Lopez, Louis Monti, Al Spivey, Paul Varnedoe.
Volunteers, from teenagers to seniors, work throughout the Health System at both the Brunswick and Camden Campuses, as well as the Senior Care Centers in Brunswick and St. Marys. To find out more about volunteering, contact Kristin Doll at 912-466-1071 in Brunswick, 912-576-6405 in Camden County or visit sghs.com.