Free Wrist & Elbow Screenings Being Offered During April in Camden County
BRUNSWICK, Georgia: April 7, 2008 – In honor of National Occupational Therapy Month, Southeast Georgia Health System is offering free wrist and elbow screenings during the month of April. The screenings are being offered by appointment only at the Rehabilitation Care Center on the Camden Campus located in the Medical Pavilion at 2040 Dan Proctor Drive, Suite 180, St. Marys.
Early detection of issues and the implementation of simple solutions will prevent bigger problems later on. You only have one body. Take a few minutes to take advantage of our screenings. You may need to attend if you experience any of the following problems:
- Do your hands fall asleep or wake you up at night?
- Do you have to shake your hand to wake it up?
- Do you have numbness or pain of the thumb and first two fingers?
- Do you have pain that you would describe as pins and needles, as if your hand were falling asleep, that comes and goes?
- Have you overused the muscles and tendons of the forearm and elbow? Repeating some types of activities over and over can put too much strain on the elbow tendons, causing tennis elbow, or lateral epicondylitis.
- Baseball, bowling, racquet sports, weight lifting, and bike riding can also pose problems. These activities are not necessarily associated with high level sports competition.
- Hammering nails, lifting heavy buckets, and pruning shrubs can all cause the pain of tennis elbow.
By attending the screenings, you will learn exercises and proper stretching and strengthening techniques that will improve range of motion and reduce swelling in the muscles. Following the advice of an expert occupational therapist will also help reduce pain.
Space is limited and no walk-ins will be accepted, so call 912-576-6450 today to schedule your free 15-minute screening by a licensed occupational therapist. For more information about the Health System’s rehabilitation services, provided by Brooks Rehabilitation, visit www.sghs.com.