Community Invited to Unveiling Of The Southeast Georgia Health System Miriam & Hugh Nunnally Maternity Care Center
BRUNSWICK, Georgia: Sept. 14, 2010– The wait is over—the 27,000 square feet renovation and 7,000 square feet of new construction is complete at the Southeast Georgia Health System Miriam & Hugh Nunnally Maternity Care Center on the Brunswick Campus, 2415 Parkwood Drive, and the community is invited to a special unveiling celebration on Saturday, Oct. 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Community members will have an opportunity to tour the new center, meet the staff, collect educational material, visit a special expectant mom’s table, and win raffle prizes.
Highlights of the new design include:
- New Labor, Delivery, Recovery, & Postpartum (LDRP) rooms that allow for baby to room-in with mother
- Children’s Courtyard with whimsical animal forms and landscaping
- Adults’ Courtyard featuring a water fountain and lush garden for relaxation and meditation
- Renovated operating rooms with upgraded finishes and improved surgery support space and access
- Enlarged Level II Nursery to allow families more space and peaceful moments with new babies
- Lactation Resource Center for pumping, breastfeeding, education and support
- Light and airy new waiting room designs that reflect imagery of our local natural environment
For more information about the new Miriam & Hugh Nunnally Maternity Care Center and the Health System’s other services, visit www.sghs.com.