Community Invited to Grand Opening Of Southeast Georgia Health System’s Expanded Camden Campus
BRUNSWICK, Georgia: March 12, 2009– The wait is over—the 90,000 square foot expansion of the Southeast Georgia Health System Camden Campus is complete and the community is invited to a special grand opening on Saturday, March 28 from 9 a.m.-noon, at 2000 Dan Proctor Drive, St. Marys.
The community will have an opportunity to tour the new hospital. Highlights will include:
- All new operating rooms with the latest medical equipment and a private preparation and recovery area for outpatient procedures
- New, expanded 17-bed Emergency Care Center with private treatment areas and a new HAZMAT treatment area
- New Imaging/Radiology Department with two new general radiology rooms with the latest equipment as well as a private women’s imaging area
- New Maternity Care Center with 12 LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery & postpartum) rooms, two ante-partum rooms, and a Cesarean section suite
- New 23-bed Medical Surgical and five-bed Intensive Care units with all private rooms
- New, larger Gift Shop
- The Sweetest Things bakery and coffee bar, a local St. Marys’ establishment, located directly off the bright, open main lobby
“Our area has grown and changed and there have been so many advances in health care since our hospital was originally built in 1993. To meet the health care needs of residents and visitors, building the new, modern hospital was necessary,” says Howard W. Sepp Jr., FACHE, vice president and administrator of the Camden Campus. “After years of planning and hard work, we’re all glad to see the expansion completed and the doors of our beautiful new hospital open.
“Now the people of Camden County have a larger, even better hospital that will meet their current and future healthcare needs. As the provider of quality health care in Camden County, we listened to the needs of our community and are happy to move forward in offering our patients more advanced treatment options in a comfortable environment right here at home,” Sepp says. “This new expansion is just one of the ways the Health System is showing our commitment to providing our community with the care they deserve now and for years to come.”
For more information about the new hospital and the services offered at the Camden Campus and the Health System’s other locations, visit www.sghs.com.