The Volunteen program is for teenagers, 14 through 18 years old, who enjoy helping others and want to learn more about health care and volunteerism. Applicants must be in good academic standing, capable of maintaining confidentiality, reliable, responsible and trustworthy.
Volunteens can be found volunteering in many departments throughout the Health System. Volunteering is a great way for students to explore healthcare careers as well as earn the volunteer hours required for many college and scholarship applications.
Graduating high school seniors who have served at least 20 hours of volunteer service through the Volunteen program and who are going on to pursue careers in healthcare may apply for one of the Auxiliary scholarships offered at both campuses.
Volunteen Program Requirements
Complete Volunteen Application which includes:
- one verifiable personal reference from a teacher or guidance counselor
- Criminal Background Check Form processed by the Health System
- Be 14 to 18 years old and enrolled in high school
- Be able to commit to at least 20 service hours annually
- Attend one or more interviews
- Have parental consent
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Complete the tuberculosis screening requirement conducted by the Health System
All Volunteens are required to wear the Volunteen program uniform (polo-style shirt, khaki pants to the ankle and closed-toed shoes). The Volunteen shirts are purchased through Volunteer Services department for $15 each* and the pants and shoes may be purchased from the retailer of your choice.
Volunteens are also required to adhere to the Health System dress code policies that include but are not limited to the following:
- Smelling of cigarette smoke or strong perfume is not permitted
- No denim allowed
- No crop pants, shorts, leggings, etc. allowed
- Piercing of body parts other than ears shall not be visible and only two earings per ear may be worn
- Tattoos are covered at all times so that they are not visible
To apply for the upcoming summer session: Download the Volunteen Program Application, complete the application, drop off or mail it to the Volunteer Services Department at the Brunswick or Camden campus by April 1. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Space is limited at each campus. We will contact new applicants during April to schedule interview appointments. All Volunteens are required to attend orientation leading up to the summer session each year. These orientations generally take place during the first two weeks of June.
For the summer session, Volunteen applications must be received by April 1.
Please contact us with any questions or for additional information.
Director, Volunteer Services
912-466-1071 or email@example.com
Coordinator, Volunteer Services
912-466-3158 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*No student will be denied participation due to the inability to pay for a Volunteen shirt. Please contact the Director of Volunteer Services for additional information.