Pet Therapy Program
Pet Therapy volunteers and their certified therapy dogs spread cheer and bring smiles to the faces of patients at the Brunswick and Camden campuses and residents of our Senior Care Centers.
To be part of the Pet Therapy Program, dogs must be certified through Therapy Dogs International, and their owners must go through the volunteer application and orientation process at Southeast Georgia Health System.
Pet Therapy Volunteer Requirements
- Complete volunteer application
- Attend one or more interviews
- Provide two letters of recommendation
- Pass a background check and provide photo identification (driver’s license, passport, Georgia resident ID.)
- Provide a copy of current Therapy Dogs International certification for dog
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Complete a TB test or provide documentation of TB test within last 3 months