Pet Therapy Program
Pet Therapy volunteers and their certified therapy dogs spread cheer and bring smiles to the faces of patients at the Brunswick and Camden campuses and residents of our Senior Care Centers.
To be part of the Pet Therapy Program, dogs must be certified through Therapy Dogs International, and their owners must go through the volunteer application and orientation process at Southeast Georgia Health System.
Pet Therapy Volunteer Requirements
Complete volunteer application which includes:
- Two verifiable personal references
- Criminal Background Check Form processed by the Health System
- Provide photo identification (driver’s license, passport, Georgia resident ID)
- Provide a copy of current Therapy Dogs International certification for dog
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Be able to commit to at least 100 servcie hours annually
- Attend one or more interviews
- Attend volunteer orientation
- Complete a tuberculosis screening requirement conducted by the Health System