Wolfson Children's at Southeast Georgia Health System offers a range
of outpatient pediatric hematology and oncology services, provided by
Eric S. Sandler, MD, with Nemours Children's Specialty Care, Jacksonville.
Inpatient care, if needed, is provided at Wolfson Children's Hospital
Dr. Sandler provides pediatric outpatient hematology/oncology consultations,
follow-up care and services (excluding chemotherapy, other infusions,
inpatient services and imaging scans related to the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Anemia - a condition where the body does not have enough healthy red blood cells
- Blood Disorders - includes hemophilia, leukemia, clotting disorders and anemia
- Bone Tumors - abnormal tissue growths in bone that may be malignant or benign
- Brain Tumors - abnormal cell growth in the brain that may be malignant or benign
- Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis - a rare, life-threatening condition
involving a usually inherited problem with the immune system.
- Leukemia - a type of blood cancer that begins in the bone marrow
- Liver Tumors - abnormal tissue growth in the liver that may be malignant or benign
- Renal Tumors - tumors of the kidneys in children
- Neuroblastoma - a cancerous tumor that develops from nerve tissue
- Neurocutaneous Syndrome - disorders that lead to growth of tumors in the body
- Neutropenia - an abnormally low number of white blood cells
- Retinoblastoma - cancer of the eye
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas - cancer that develops in soft tissues such as muscle,
fat, blood vessels and tendons
- Sickle Cell Anemia - a genetic disorder that causes blood cells to be shaped
like crescents instead of discs, hampering the ability to deliver oxygen
throughout the body
- Thrombocytopenia - a disorder that causes abnormally low platelet count
- Vascular Malformations - disorders of blood vessels and lymphatic vessels
How to Make an Appointment
- Referring physicians or families should call 912-697-3600 to schedule an
New patients can visit the
Nemours website for forms to complete prior to the appointment.
Referring physicians can submit an
nemours.org/patientreferrals or call 904-697-3600 or 800-767-5437.