Volunteer Application Process
Becoming a volunteer with us requires the successful completion of five steps:
One: complete the application form
- If you are 19 years of age or older, complete the application form. If
you are under 19, please visit our Volunteen page.
- While we prefer you complete the application online if possible, paper
versions of the application can be obtained by contacting us at 912-466-3157.
Two: complete an interview
- We will contact you once we receive your application to schedule an interview.
- During the interview we will ask additional questions to get to know you
and answer any questions you may have about our volunteer program.
- If we mutually agree we have a volunteer opportunity that may be a good
fit for you, we will ask you to complete additional paperwork and schedule
you for orientation.
- Some positions may require a second round of interviews.
Three: attend orientation
- Orientations are held monthly (except December) from 4:00 – 6:00
p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month at the Camden Campus and the
second Wednesday of the month at the Brunswick Campus.
- During orientation we will discuss topics including infection prevention,
safety and security and confidentiality. We will also take your photo
for your hospital issued identification badge and conduct your tuberculosis
Four: complete Tuberculosis skin test
- You will be required to return to campus the Friday afternoon after your
orientation to have your tuberculosis skin test read if we administered
one. If you fail to return to complete this step during the required time
frame, you will be required to receive the test again.
Five: get started
- Once we have confirmed your references, received clearance from our Human
Resources department that you passed your criminal background check, we
will call and schedule you to come in to get started. You will purchase
your Auxiliary shirt, smock or vest for $25, receive your hospital-issued
ID badge and volunteer identification number for log-in purposes and confirm
your service area and start date.
Apply to volunteer with us today!